Re: PostgreSQL Europe Partners

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it>
Cc: pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Europe Partners
Date: 2012-08-27 14:40:25
Lists: pgeu-general

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Gabriele Bartolini
<gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> while renewing my membership to the association, I visited the website and
> noticed in the "Sponsors" page that currently two companies are considered
> partners (http://www.postgresql.eu/sponsors/).

Ugh. I think that page has been pretty much unmaintained for a while
:( Those partner logos are there because of contractual requirements
for pgday 2009, which had an unfortunate wording in it there.

For now, I'll remove them. Then we can consider the points you make
below as well.

> I want to clarify that I do not want to discuss the legitimity of those
> two partners (I do agree that they have contributed), I rather want to focus
> on the process that's been followed, purely for transaparency reasons.
>
> I would encourage the board/management to add more information on the
> website about the process for becoming a "Partner" of the association, given
> that it is not described in the "Statute". For example: sponsoring two/three
> Postgres conferences in a row, contributing X man-hours a year, voting in a
> board meeting, etc.

Yeah. The thing is that we don't actually *have* any. The whole
contents, except for the links, came to be from some unfortunate
contract wording, which is no longer being used.

However.

Suggestions for a good definition and process to use are most welcome
- and once we have one, it should certainly be published!

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/