Re: global / super barriers (for checksums)

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Subject: Re: global / super barriers (for checksums)
Date: 2019-11-17 13:38:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 8:45 PM Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2019-11-13 12:26:34 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> > TL;DR: I'm not sure that we need 0001; I propose to commit 0002; and I
> > have some concerns about 0003 and am interested in working further on
> > it.
>
> Thanks for looking at the patch!

+1 (well, +<more than one>, but there is a quota)

> - The patch needs some general tidying up, like comments and naming
> > consistency and stuff like that.
>
> Yea. It really was a prototype to allow Magnus to continue...

And a very useful one! :) So thanks for that one as well.

> Andres, Magnus, if neither of you are planning to work on this soon, I
> > might like to jump in and run with this. Please let me know your
> > thoughts.
>
> I'm not planning to do so in the near term - so I'd more than welcome
> you to do so.

I'm definitely happy to work with it, but I did not and do not feel I have
the skills for doing the "proper review" needed for it. So I am also very
happy for you to pick it up and run with it.

--
Magnus Hagander