Re: Testing list

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Testing list
Date: 2012-10-10 18:59:23
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> WWW,
>
> I'd like to resurrect the "testers" list or a list by a similar name
> ("pgsql-tests", for example, or "pgsql-qa"). The reason why I want this
> list is that I've been approached by several of our sponsoring companies
> about expanding test coverage and types of testing for PostgreSQL, and I
> want to see if we can make it work to harness the efforts of our
> corporate sponsor QA and QE folks.
>
> A mailing list seems like a good way to start this and see if it'll fly.
> The reason I don't want to use -hackers is that some of the people
> involved can't deal with the high email volume on -hackers, and -hackers
> isn't a good place for the kind of speculative discussion we'll start
> out with. I can't think of another existing list which would be
> appropriate.

I don't believe this should be discussed on -www. The stake-holders
are all on -hackers, so the discussion should IMO be held there.

And based on the discussions last time, I think you'll have to outline
what's actually going to be *different* from before.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/