Testing list

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Testing list
Date: 2012-10-10 18:26:53
Lists: pgsql-www

WWW,

I'd like to resurrect the "testers" list or a list by a similar name
("pgsql-tests", for example, or "pgsql-qa"). The reason why I want this
list is that I've been approached by several of our sponsoring companies
about expanding test coverage and types of testing for PostgreSQL, and I
want to see if we can make it work to harness the efforts of our
corporate sponsor QA and QE folks.

A mailing list seems like a good way to start this and see if it'll fly.
The reason I don't want to use -hackers is that some of the people
involved can't deal with the high email volume on -hackers, and -hackers
isn't a good place for the kind of speculative discussion we'll start
out with. I can't think of another existing list which would be
appropriate.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.