Re: Online checksums patch - once again

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Subject: Re: Online checksums patch - once again
Date: 2019-09-30 11:03:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 9:48 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
wrote:

> On 2019-Aug-26, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
> > OK, let's try this again :)
> >
> > This is work mainly based in the first version of the online checksums
> > patch, but based on top of Andres WIP patchset for global barriers (
> >
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20181030051643.elbxjww5jjgnjaxg%40alap3.anarazel.de
> > )
> >
> > Andres patch has been enhanced with wait events per
> >
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CABUevEwy4LUFqePC5YzanwtzyDDpYvgrj6R5WNznwrO5ouVg1w%40mail.gmail.com
> > .
>
> Travis says your SGML doesn't compile (maybe you just forgot to "git
> add" and edit allfiles.sgml?):

Nope, even easier -- the reference pgVerifyChecksums was renamed to
pgChecksums and for some reason we missed that in the merge.

I've rebased again on top of todays master, but that was the only change I
had to make.

Other than bots, this patch doesn't seem to have attracted any reviewers
> this time around. Perhaps you need to bribe someone? (Maybe "how sad
> your committer SSH key stopped working" would do?)

Hmm. I don't think that's a bribe, that's a threat. However, maybe it will
work.

--
Magnus Hagander

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-WIP-global-barriers.patch text/x-patch 22.5 KB
0002-Online-checksums-patch-for-v13.patch text/x-patch 65.6 KB