Re: [pgcommitfest2] Sorting columns

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Pierre Giraud <pierre(dot)giraud(at)dalibo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgcommitfest2] Sorting columns
Date: 2018-01-02 20:33:05
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Pierre Giraud <pierre(dot)giraud(at)dalibo(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Currently on the patches page the table is sorted on the patch column by
> default. Latest activity/mail columns are also sortable but no one knows
> until hovering the column headers. And even when sorting by a column other
> than patch no arrow is displayed to show the current sorting.
>
> Please find attached 2 patches respectively to fix and enhance the columns
> sorting for the patches table.
>
> The attached image shows the result.

Hi!

Apologies for a very late response to this one. I put it aside for "answer
quickly", and then promptly forgot.

I agree that the current indication of what's sortable is quite bad. But I
don't think the new one is that much better -- we should have something
much more clear than just "different amount of gray", I think.

--
Magnus Hagander