Re: Patch to add 'id'

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch to add 'id'
Date: 2018-06-10 19:40:20
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 4:16 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> Would someone please apply this patch to the website code so pglife
> (http://pglife.momjian.us/) can more easily scrape the current release
> numbers from the website? Thanks.

Uh, if you are looking to get the current release, why are you scraping the
main webpage instead of using the structured format data already available
at https://www.postgresql.org/versions.rss?

(Now granted, I think that link may have gone missing in the redesign, but
your pglife thing predates that..)

Now, having staid that, we should probably consider having a structured
format with more data in it. But doesn't that one actually have all you
need?

--
Magnus Hagander