Re: Posting streaming PUG to www events?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Posting streaming PUG to www events?
Date: 2011-08-09 20:05:45
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 20:19, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
> On 08/09/2011 09:59 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> SFPUG will hopefully be video streaming most of our presentations in the
>> future.  Is it appropriate to put these in the list of events on the
>> home page?
>
> Hrm.... I see this as good and bad. Obviously it is great that we are live
> streaming this stuff but events has traditionally been things that are not
> happening every single month.
>
> On the other hand the more stuff we have going on the better.
>
> Anyone else have some thoughts?

I don't see why the streaming of the event makes any difference at all
really - if it's acceptable to list the general event, then it's
acceptable to list the streaming event, and vice versa.

In general, I think it's good. But only if we're talking about
individual postings for each one, actually detailing what the
presentation(s) are going to be about. I don't think we want a blanket
"sfpug streaming event" or such.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/