Re: New CF app deployment

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Marco Nenciarini <marco(dot)nenciarini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New CF app deployment
Date: 2015-02-09 10:38:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 11:09 AM, Marco Nenciarini <
marco(dot)nenciarini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it> wrote:

> Il 08/02/15 17:04, Magnus Hagander ha scritto:
> >
> > Filenames are now shown for attachments, including a direct link to the
> > attachment itself. I've also run a job to populate all old threads.
> >

> I wonder what is the algorithm to detect when an attachment is a patch.
>
> If you look at https://commitfest.postgresql.org/4/94/ all the
> attachments are marked as "Patch: no", but many of them are
> clearly a patch.

It uses the "magic" module, same as the "file" command. And that one claims:

mha(at)mha-laptop:/tmp$ file 0003-File-based-incremental-backup-v9.patch
0003-File-based-incremental-backup-v9.patch: ASCII English text, with very
long lines

I think it doesn't consider it a patch because it's not actually a patch -
it looks like a git-format actual email message that *contains* a patch. It
even includes the unix From separator line. So if anything it should have
detected that it's an email message, which it apparently doesn't.

Picking from the very top patch on the cf, an actual patch looks like this:

mha(at)mha-laptop:/tmp$ file psql_fix_uri_service_004.patch
psql_fix_uri_service_004.patch: unified diff output, ASCII text, with very
long lines

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/