Re: archive links broken?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Subject: Re: archive links broken?
Date: 2017-04-06 15:50:23
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 10:04 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:

> Magnus,
>
> * Magnus Hagander (magnus(at)hagander(dot)net) wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 9:01 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
> wrote:
> > > Do we have some hack to avoid screwing up links for
> > > postgresql.org/message-id that needs to be updated to also look at
> > > postgr.es/m/ links..?
> >
> > Ah yes, that's it. Right now it's loking for /message-id/<looks like an
> > email address>. I guess we need to expand that to also handle the /m/
> links.
> >
> > Should we do it for basically /(m|message-id/(xxxx), or do oyu think we
> > need to actually limit it by the domain name as well? (We don't limit the
> > postgresql.org one, but /message-id/ might be more unusual?)
>
> I'd do one of two things- either not make assumptions about what other
> domains do, or not hack up things that look like URLs and start with
> either http:// or https:// ...
>
> I mean, we're already detecting that URLs are, well, URLs, right?
> Otherwise, how are they showing up as links at all? Seems like it
> should be possible to avoid mucking with anything that will end up
> becoming a URL on the website.

That part uses the django urlize filter. The order is
text|hideallmail|urlize, where hideallmail is the one that rewrites things.
The urlize thing is a lot more complicated:

https://github.com/django/django/blob/stable/1.8.x/django/utils/html.py

So not making assumptions will be a *lot* easier :D

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/