Re: cannot access to postgres-git via ssh

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cannot access to postgres-git via ssh
Date: 2021-08-26 09:33:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 9:34 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm facing a difficulty on cloning a repository via ssh.
>
> I understand that git repository can be accessed via http, git and ssh
> protocol, and ssh access uses the ssh public key registered in
> community account profile. I registered one in ecdsa-sha2-nistp256
> that I believe the server accepts. I waited for more than 1 hour
> since key registration until the operation.

Hi!

ssh based access only works for repositories where you have explicit
permissions, it does not support anonymous access -- that has to be
over https (recommended) or git.

And specifically, the postgresql.git repo mirror only allows anonymous access.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: https://www.hagander.net/