Re: PostgreSQL Weekly News - January 3, 2021

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Saad Benateigha <sbenateigha(at)geomega(dot)com>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Weekly News - January 3, 2021
Date: 2021-01-05 17:03:54
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-www

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 5:34 PM David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 04, 2021 at 09:49:43AM -0700, Saad Benateigha wrote:
> > Please try not to use PWN as a subject it sent to junk maik

But there is no "PWN" in the subject line?

In general, the PWN posts trigger a lot of typical spam filter rules.
But I*m pretty sure the subject isn't one of them... For example, the
number of links, the link-to-text ratio, the large amounts of repeat,
etc.

The best recommendation for people with delivery issues is to update
their subscription to pgsql-announce to not include PWN, and then read
PWN on the website or through RSS.

It has gotten a *lot* better with the new posting system, where it is
now properly DKIMed and things like that, but it's still by far the
largest source of spam-bounces we have. And I don't really think there
is any further ways around that, while maintaining it the way it is.
Some systems will keep learning more over time though, and hopefully
they will learn to stop flagging it.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: https://www.hagander.net/