Re: CDC feature request

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Stepan Yankevych <Stepan_Yankevych(at)epam(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CDC feature request
Date: 2021-03-18 13:07:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 18, 2021 at 2:03 PM Stepan Yankevych <Stepan_Yankevych(at)epam(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi All!
>

> Hopefully I’m using correct mail list
>
> If not please show me right direction 😊
>

> I’m quite struggling without native Change Data Capture feature in
> PostgreSQL.
>

> That would be great to implement it, possibly in not so complicated way.
>

> Can Logical replication be a little be modified or reused to do not
> replicate data into destination table as is but to insert each change into
> “change table” (like in oracle 11 CDC)?
>
> That change table should have at lease few additional columns
>
> - Operation (I/D/U)
> - txid
> - Commit_time_stamp

If you look at logical decoding, that's basically what you have, isn't it?
It won't go into a table, but you can consume it into one if you want. Look
at for example wal2json for examples of how to consume it -- but the system
is pluggable so you can build your own or use one of the others available
plugins.

--
Magnus Hagander