Re: New archives for testing

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New archives for testing
Date: 2012-12-29 09:53:49
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 03:32:21PM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> So. Please go test it. And give some feedback.
>>
>> While there is a lot that can be done to improve the experience, and
>> we can discuss that endlessly, I would like to ask people for now to
>> focus on things that *don't work*, or things that are *worse than
>> before*. Once we've tried to deal with those as well as we can, we can
>> switch over. Then we can improve things further. But let's not get
>> bogged down trying to add every new feature now - let's just get it
>> far enough to make it better than before as a first step.
>
> I am confused about how to read a thread. If I an on this email
> message:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAHGQGwFkhcwJbMgqmGQkUDoHOLxtC--9XpZXQ_t8669YFpRP-w@mail.gmail.com
>
> how do I read the next email in the thread. Is it the two "Responses"?

Yes, "responses" corresponds to what was previously "follow ups".

You can also navigate the thread using the thread dropdown in the
message header.

> The old system would just have a "next in thread" option and could just
> keeping hitting "next in thread" to see all the thread emails.

If you keep hitting next in thread, I don't think you get that though
- if the thread splits out into two, don't you just end up walking
down one branch?

If you want to navigate the whole thread at once, using the "flat
view" is probably more efficient - it gives you a lot fewer clicks.
Try clicking the "flat" link in the message header

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/