PGDay at FOSDEM - your input is needed!

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PGDay at FOSDEM - your input is needed!
Date: 2012-09-09 20:15:24
Lists: pgeu-general pgsql-general

We (PostgreSQL Europe) are considering to hold a PGDay on February 1st
2012, the day before FOSDEM, in Brussels, Belgium. This will be one
day of PostgreSQL presentations, in addition to the devroom we plan to
run during FOSDEM, in order to expand the PostgreSQL presence. It will
be a single track of presentations, throughout the day (approximately
9-17). We will be posting a separate call for volunteers (and of
course presentations) later - at this point, we are interested in the
cost/service level that people interested in attending the
presentations prefer.

Currently, for pgconf.eu we have "full catering", which includes both
coffee breaks and lunch. For our devroom at FOSDEM we have nothing -
just the talks, and everybody is on their own with food and beverages,
since that's how FOSDEM works. For this even, we will have the option
of either going down the "full conference" route and include a catered
lunch and coffee breaks at the venue, or the FOSDEM way and have
everybody figure out their own lunch (making enough free time in the
schedule to have time to go eat, of course) and survive without
coffee, or find a middle ground.

Since we don't know what our attendees prefer, we've prepared a simple
form to fill out. If you are interested in attending FOSDEM and/or
this additional day before FOSDEM, please let us know your
preferences! Note that filling out this form indicates an interest
only, it does NOT mean that you commit to attending!

The form can be found at
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dHJnODdOeVBlZFozS3ZMbDRRRGFvUFE6MQ

Since we are on a fairly tight schedule to sign a contract for a
venue, we need your responses before Saturday, Sep 15.

Thanks for your help!

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/