Re: domain name change of e-mail address

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: domain name change of e-mail address
Date: 2020-07-17 15:08:50
Lists: pgsql-www

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 6:59 AM osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com <
osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I wanna ask 3 questions and hope this is the right place to ask.
>
> (1) My e-mails to hackers are held by moderator even after my registration
> of my new e-mail address.
> My company changed the domain name and after that
> my e-mails to hackers are held by moderator for some reason.
>
> So, I registered my new e-mail address in the system,
> using both https://www.postgresql.org/account/profile/ and
> https://lists.postgresql.org/manage/.
> Those show me the current e-mail address I have now.
> Still, that bad situation doesn't change.
> Mines are delivered to the list recipients after it has been approved by a
> moderator.
>
> I suppose this must be annoying to the administrators of postgres hackers.
> Really sorry. How should I fix this one ?

When I look in the logs, I don't see any emails from
osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com being stopped for moderation, except for one on
the 14th.

However, I also don't see osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com being subscribed to
the hackers list. Which exactly is your old and new address?

(2)
> Whenever employees of the company I belong to send a message to hackers,
> our names are not displayed like other developers in the mailing thread.
>
> Other developer names are displayed like "given name" plus "family name".
> But in our cases, just e-mail addresses are shown to others.
>
> Not only in the mailing list but also in the commitfest archive,
> our names aren't displayed correctly now. How can I solve this problem ?
> I think this is also related to the first question.
> It's because this happen at the same time.

This is because of how your mail system is set up. The outgoing email being
sent does not have a name on it, just the email address, so that's what the
PostgreSQL systems will use at every level. In the headers of this email
you sent for example, it has:

From: "osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com>

With no further details.

So that is something you will need to bring up with your mail system
admionistrators.

(3) By the way, could I change username without recreating a new account ?
> This question isn't related to above two.
> I wanna change my current username. Can I do it ?

Unfortunately no, usernames cannot be changed.

--
Magnus Hagander