Re: File based Incremental backup v9

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Marco Nenciarini <marco(dot)nenciarini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it>, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: File based Incremental backup v9
Date: 2015-02-02 21:28:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 10:06 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 6:47 PM, Marco Nenciarini
> <marco(dot)nenciarini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it> wrote:

> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> It looks like it only compiles with assert enabled.
> >>

> > It is due to a typo (assert instead of Assert). You can find the updated
> > patch attached to this message.
>
> I would sure like it if you would avoid changing the subject line
> every time you post a new version of this patch. It breaks the
> threading for me.

+1 - it does break gmail.

It seems to have also broken it for the CommitFest app, which thinks
> v3 is the last version. I was not able to attach the new version.

The CF app has detected that it's the same thread, because of the headers
(gmail is the buggy one here - the headers of the email are perfectly
correct).

It does not, however, pick up and show the change of subject there (but you
can see if if you click the link for the latest version into the archives -
the link under "latest" or "latest attachment" both go to the v9 patch).

> When I clicked on "attach thread" without having logged in, it took me
> to a bad URL. When I clicked on it after having logged in, it

Clearly a bug.

> purported to work, but AFAICS, it didn't actually do anything.

That's because the thread is already there, and you're adding it again. Of
course, it wouldn't hurt if it actually told you that :)

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/