Re: Searching the documentation

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Mike Ellsworth <younicycle(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Searching the documentation
Date: 2011-11-29 21:50:03
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 22:44, Mike Ellsworth <younicycle(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I know there is a conversion underway, but in the event no one knows:
>
> 1) http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/index.html
> 2) Search for 'SUPERUSER'
> 3) 'Your search for superuser returned no hits.'

Yeah, this is on our list of something that's broken, and we'll be
working on a fix soon. It works when you search on the static
documentation, but not the interactive.

> 4) -  - Click the Home link -- you remain in search ... or
> - - - -  Click the Documentation link -- displayed are Online manuals
> range from 7.4 to 8.3

.. and that's the other one. The quick-fix was to have the search site
never direct people back to the main site, but that breaks navigation
with those links. Unfortunately, the search site contains a lot of
workarounds for different things, so we need to tread carefully around
those.

Anyway - thanks for reporting it! We happened to have both of them on
the list already, but we appreciate the feedback nevertheless!

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/