Re: Winflex docs and distro

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Winflex docs and distro
Date: 2021-05-17 09:51:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 11:11 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:

> > On 17 May 2021, at 10:17, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>
> > Since PostgreSQL 9.3, in commit a266f7dd93b, we've added the text:
> >
> > + The obsolete "winflex" binaries distributed on the PostgreSQL FTP site
>
> Which was slightly updated in 0a9ae44288d.

It's been touched a couple of times, but not in any material fashion.

> > At this point. I suggest we simply stop distributing winflex on our
> > download site, and just remove this note from the documentation.
>
> Sounds reasonable, are there (easily retrieved) logs/tracking for when it was
> accessed by anyone last?

Not really. We don't keep logs going very far back. I can see it being
accessed a handful of time in the past 14 days. But AFAICT from the
limited information we have it's all bots.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: https://www.hagander.net/