Re: Online enabling of checksums

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Subject: Re: Online enabling of checksums
Date: 2018-02-23 18:35:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 9:09 PM, Peter Eisentraut <
peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> On 2/22/18 12:38, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > I'm not entirely sure which the others ones are. Auto-Vacuum obviously
> > is one, which doesn't use the worker infrastructure. But I'm not sure
> > which the others are referring to?
>
> autovacuum, subscription workers, auto prewarm

Oh, for some reason I thought you were thinking in pending patches. Yeah,
for those it makes sense -- though autovacuum isn't (currently) using
background workers for what it does, the rest certainly makes sense to do
something with.

But as you say, that's a separate patch :)

--
Magnus Hagander