Re: PostgreSQL docs in ePub format

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Edward Hooper <dokhebi(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL docs in ePub format
Date: 2013-01-10 13:53:28
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-01-10 at 11:28 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> To take that one step further, should this be distributed on the
>> website alongside the PDFs?
>
> Well, maybe someone should take a look at the result first. A quick
> glance revealed that almost all reasonably sized examples run off the
> page horizontally, so you're not going to get much value out of reading
> it this way.

I took a quick look, and it looked fine - but I didn't actually look
at anything containing a code sample.

It might also be depending on the reader. I did specifically look at
things like our examples around setting up archive scripts, and they
linebreak properly instead of running off the page horizontally...

Do you have a specific example that looked bad for you, so I can
compare it on my reader?

> Since there is CSS behind the scenes, I imagine you can perhaps try to
> tweak line-wrapping modes or something. But in any case, some detail
> work is probably necessary before this is ready to use.

That would probably not hurt in either case :)

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/