Re: can not download mbox

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Jian He <hejian(dot)mark(at)gmail(dot)com>, Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: can not download mbox
Date: 2022-06-20 16:10:28
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 3:09 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
wrote:

> On 5/17/22 1:07 AM, Jian He wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > It's seems not related to browsers. I tested on edge, firefox. I first
> > filled in the credentials[1], submit it then it will prompt the login
> > interface again[2].
>
> Confirmed. Well, that's not good :(
>
> We'll have to think of a different way to handle downloading the mbox
> files.

I have now implemented using community auth for download of mboxes and raw
emails. Turns out that was *way* easier than I thought, since all the heavy
lifting had already been done when we implemented email resending. Famous
last words of course, but it looks like it's working.

I don't *think* we have the old auth method documented anywhere (I looked
through pgweb and pgarchives repos), but if someone knows of some
instructions that tell people to use that, they need to get updated!

--
Magnus Hagander