Re: Sponsorship Page Country

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sponsorship Page Country
Date: 2013-01-13 15:48:42
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Dimitri Fontaine
<dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr> wrote:
>> Personally, I don't see any relevance in listing a country and would
>> like that removed. 2ndQuadrant has been doing business outside UK for
>> 10+ years, so its somewhat disingenuous to say "UK" next to it, as if
>> we were limited to only that locality. I hear that some other
>> companies also do business outside of their listed country.
>
> I agree that we should either remove that column of expand it to full
> coverage. It's harmful rather than anything else in its current form.

I wouldn't consider it harmful. But I can agree with considering it useless.

> My understanding of why this information is provided at all would be, if
> I had to guess, to show that we're talking about a worldwide project.
> Then what about making a Map, even static, with whole countries colored
> in the PostgreSQL logo color anywhere we have some company players. Not
> just the head-quarters, but active people available to hire locally.

That way of showring information can definitely be more useful. But
what would be interesting to plot on that map would be availability of
professional services, not sponsors.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/