Re: Remove source code display from \df+?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Isaac Morland <isaac(dot)morland(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remove source code display from \df+?
Date: 2023-01-12 15:03:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jan 12, 2023 at 6:23 AM Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> st 11. 1. 2023 v 22:11 odesílatel Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> napsal:
>
>> Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>> > st 11. 1. 2023 v 19:31 odesílatel Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
>> respectively?
>> oid
>>
>> > I think it can be acceptable - maybe we can rename the column "source
>> code"
>> > like "internal name" or some like that.
>>
>> Yeah, "source code" has always been kind of a misnomer for these
>> languages.
>>
>> > again I don't think printing "Please use \sf to view the source"? "
>> often
>> > can be user friendly. \? is clear and \sf is easy to use
>>
>> We could shorten it to "See \sf" or something like that. But if we change
>> the column header to "internal name" or the like, then the column just
>> obviously doesn't apply for non-internal languages, so leaving it null
>> should be fine.
>>

> +1

Sure, that works for me as well. I agree the suggested text was way too
long, I was more thinking of "something in this direction" rather than that
exact text. But yes, with a change of names, we can leave it NULL as well.

--
Magnus Hagander