Re: Rework help interface of vcregress.pl

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Rework help interface of vcregress.pl
Date: 2016-04-15 08:07:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 7:45 AM, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
> (Windows-only be careful)
>
> Horiguchi-san has mentioned yesterday
> (
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20160414.172539.34325458.horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp
> )
> that we are missing a couple of modes in vcregress.pl in its help
> message: modulescheck, bincheck, recoverycheck.
>
> The help message given to users is ugly and unreadable:
> $ perl vcregress.pl
> Usage: vcregress.pl
>
> <check|installcheck|plcheck|contribcheck|isolationcheck|ecpgcheck|upgradecheck>
> [schedule]
> So I would like to suggest the attached patch that makes things easier
> to understand:
> $ perl vcregress.pl
> Usage: vcregress.pl <mode> [ <schedule> ]
>
> Options for <mode>:
> bincheck run tests of utilities in src/bin/
> check deploy instance and run regression tests on it
> contribcheck run tests of modules in contrib/
> ecpgcheck run regression tests of ECPG driver
> installcheck run regression tests on existing instance
> isolationcheck run isolation tests
> modulescheck run tests of modules in src/test/modules
> plcheck run tests of PL languages
> recoverycheck run recovery test suite
> upgradecheck run tests of pg_upgrade
>
> Options for <schedule>:
> serial serial mode
> parallel parallel mode

Applied with only very small changes - you had trailing slashes on src/bin
and contrib, but not on src/test/modules. I added it to modules, to make it
consistent. And I removed the "driver" from ECPG, because I'm pretty sure
that's not a driver... And I marked serial mode as the default schedule.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/