Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #6639: Manual uses boldface where it says italic, and monospace where it says boldface

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #6639: Manual uses boldface where it says italic, and monospace where it says boldface
Date: 2012-12-04 11:58:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-www

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-05-15 at 21:36 +0300, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> On mån, 2012-05-14 at 21:41 +0000, iain(dot)dalton(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:
>> > The following bug has been logged on the website:
>> >
>> > Bug reference: 6639
>> > Logged by: Ian
>> > Email address: iain(dot)dalton(at)gmail(dot)com
>> > PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
>> > Operating system: GNU/Linux
>> >
>> > The URL http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/notation.html lays
>> > out the notation used in the rest of the book, but it appears to be out of
>> > date with the stylesheet, as the differences noted in the subject apply.
>>
>> Indeed. I've been wondering for a while why some things look so odd
>> with the new stylesheet, but that page really summarizes it quite well.
>> Someone on the web team should fix that.
>
> It's still broken. Could someone from the web team fix this, or point
> out where the source files are so someone else can fix it?

The stylesheet is where it has always been -
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgweb.git;a=tree;f=media/css;h=ee7073d2e7e99fcf4dc09e4ff21ae8c6a21e15f2;hb=53cd5a83f519f64ba04d3bccc6b667e70850675d.
Most of the docs specific stuff is in
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgweb.git;a=blob;f=media/css/docs.css;h=3b272f6979054d4a0fe6d217c1e90d286b7f81dc;hb=53cd5a83f519f64ba04d3bccc6b667e70850675d.

The other option would be to actually change the text for that page,
and keep the stylesheet. I think the stylesheet was originally adapted
to make it look better on the web - but that was long ago enough that
I don't remember it. It would be easy enough to override specifically
the notation.html file when the docs are loaded on the website.

Thom's the one who's been doing work on the CSS here most recently, so
he's probably the best one to give further pointers.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/