Possible to trigger autovacuum?

From: Chris Cleveland <ccleveland(at)dieselpoint(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Possible to trigger autovacuum?
Date: 2024-02-19 21:15:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is it possible to launch an autovacuum from within an extension?

I'm developing an index access method. After the index gets built it needs
some cleanup and optimization. I'd prefer to do this in the
amvacuumcleanup() method so it can happen periodically and asynchronously.

I could fire up a background worker to do the job, but it would be a lot
simpler to call please_launch_autovacuum_right_now();

--
Chris Cleveland
312-339-2677 mobile