Materialized view in Postgres from the variables rather than SQL query results

From: Nurul Karim Rafi <rafikarim1414(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Materialized view in Postgres from the variables rather than SQL query results
Date: 2023-12-01 06:18:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have a stored procedure in Postgres. I have generated some variables in
that procedure. These variables are generated inside a loop of query
result. Suppose if i have 10 rows from my query then for 10 times I am
generating those variables.

Now I want to create a materialized view where these variables will be the
columns and every row will have values of those variables generated in
every iteration of that loop.

What can be the better approach for this?

I can create a temporary table with those variables and insert values in
every iteration of that loop but that will not serve my purpose. Because I
want to drop my existing table where all the values are available and
columns are those variables. My target is to make a materialized view with
those variables so that I can get rid of that parent table.

Best Regards

*Rafi*