Re: Copyright notice for contrib/cube?

From: Marti Raudsepp <marti(at)juffo(dot)org>
To: Jay Levitt <jay(dot)levitt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Copyright notice for contrib/cube?
Date: 2012-02-17 16:31:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 17:42, Jay Levitt <jay(dot)levitt(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Should it be something like
>
> Portions Copyright (c) 1996-2011, PostgreSQL Global Development Group
> Portions Copyright (c) 2012, TipTap Inc.

Please don't add that, just change 2011 to 2012. This is what the wiki says:

Q: May I add my own copyright notice where appropriate?
A: No, please don't. We like to keep the legal information short and
crisp. Additionally, we've heard that could possibly pose problems for
corporate users.

Q: Doesn't the PostgreSQL license itself require to keep the copyright
notice intact?
A: Yes, it does. And it is, because the PostgreSQL Global Development
Group covers all copyright holders. Also note that US law doesn't
require any copyright notice for getting the copyright granted, just
like most European laws.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ

Regards,
Marti