Re: BUG #7824: documentation bug: Extract DOW

From: Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: tim(dot)romano(at)yahoo(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #7824: documentation bug: Extract DOW
Date: 2013-01-23 06:27:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 2:10 AM, <tim(dot)romano(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

> Bug reference: 7824
> Logged by: Tim Romano
> Email address: tim(dot)romano(at)yahoo(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.2.2
> Operating system: Windows 7 x64
>
> Documentation seems to indicate that only a Timestamp value is a valid
> argument to the Extract function when trying to get the DOW, but a Date
> also
> works:
>
> dow
> The day of the week (0 - 6; Sunday is 0) (for timestamp values only)

The document also mentions:
"(Expressions of type date will be cast to timestamp and can therefore be
used as well.)"

ISTM that "for timestamp values only" means that a source of type interval
or time can not b used. Other functions will also accept those additional
types. I don't know if the documentation needs to make that more clear
though.

Thanks,
Pavan

--