Re: Patch: Write Amplification Reduction Method (WARM)

From: Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Jaime Casanova <jaime(dot)casanova(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch: Write Amplification Reduction Method (WARM)
Date: 2017-03-28 02:15:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 1:32 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
wrote:

> Is the WARM tap test suite supposed to work when applied without all the
> other patches? I just tried applied that one and running "make check -C
> src/test/modules", and it seems to hang after giving "ok 5" for
> t/002_warm_stress.pl. (I had to add a Makefile too, attached.)

These tests should run without WARM. I wonder though if IPC::Run's
start/pump/finish facility is fully portable. Andrew on off-list
conversation reminded me that there are no (or may be one) tests currently
using that in Postgres. I've run these tests on OSX, will try on some linux
platform too.

Thanks,
Pavan
--