Publishing PG docs

From: 김기성 <kskim(at)bitnine(dot)co(dot)kr>
To: pgsql-translators(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Publishing PG docs
Date: 2015-07-16 04:18:50
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-translators

Dear,

We are a postgreSQL company in South Korea.
As a one of out efforts to spread postgreSQL in our country,
we plan to publish the Korean version of the postgreSQL documentation as a
printed book
via the Acorn publisher(which is one of the biggest IT publisher in Korea).

But we think that we should check and solve some licensing issues
with regards to the copyrights of the PG docs.

We will translate the PG docs to the Korean language, and publish the
translated book.
And Acorn publisher will sell the books commercially,
which means that they will seek to make a commercial incomes by selling the
books.

Is there any issues with selling the translated book commercially?
We know that the English version was sold by Furtus.com (Is it alive?).
Any body who is concerned to this issue, please, let us know and give some
helps.

Thank you, everybody.

Kisung Kim.

(C)Bitnine, Kisung Kim, Ph.D
https://sites.google.com/site/kisungresearch/
E-mail : kskim(at)bitnine(dot)co(dot)kr
<cskang(at)bitnine(dot)co(dot)kr>Office phone : 070-4800-3321
Mobile phone : 010-7136-0834
Fax : 02-568-1332