Re: Re: corruption issue after server crash - ERROR: unexpected chunk number 0

From: Mike Broers <mbroers(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Shaun Thomas <sthomas(at)optionshouse(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: corruption issue after server crash - ERROR: unexpected chunk number 0
Date: 2013-11-25 18:20:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Shaun,

Im planning to schedule a time to do the vacuum freeze suggested
previously. So far the extent of the problem seems limited to the one
session table and the one session row that was being used by a heavy bot
scan at the time of the crash. Currently Im testing a recovery of a
production backup from today to rebase one of the replication targets that
I was using to test fixes last week. Hopefully that validates the current
backups and I can proceed inquiring with our managed services provider
about the false notification of the disk write and ways to prevent that
going forward.

I'll update the list if I uncover anything interesting in the process
and/or need more advice, thanks again for your input - its much appreciated
as always. Nothing like a little crash corruption to get the blood flowing!

Mike