Re: corruption issue after server crash - ERROR: unexpected chunk number 0

From: Mike Broers <mbroers(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: corruption issue after server crash - ERROR: unexpected chunk number 0
Date: 2013-11-22 17:55:19
Lists: pgsql-general

vacuumb avz, pg_dumpall, and vacuum freeze analyze on the former standby
database that received the corruption via replication all came back without
errors. Is the vacuum freeze intended to potentially fix problems or just
reveal if other tables may have corruption, Im trying to decide if this
needs to be run in production.