CF 2022-11: entries "Waiting for Committer" but no recent activity

From: Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: CF 2022-11: entries "Waiting for Committer" but no recent activity
Date: 2022-11-27 00:43:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

Apologies for the intermission in activity, among other "fun" things had
a family visitation of the influenza virus, which is becoming fashionable
in these parts again.

In an attempt to salvage something from the situation I am having a crack at the
older entries marked "Ready for Committer", some of which probably
need some sort of
action, but it's not always clear (to me at least) what.

If there's some sort of consensus for individual items, per previous
practice I'll update the individual threads.

Date in parenthesis is that of the most recent message on the thread.

pg_stat_statements: Track statement entry timestamp (2022-04-08)

- https://commitfest.postgresql.org/40/3048/
- https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/72e80e7b160a6eb189df9ef6f068cce3765d37f8(dot)camel(at)moonset(dot)ru

Patch is applying but no recent activity.

psql - refactor echo code (2022-07-24)
--------------------------------------

- https://commitfest.postgresql.org/40/3140/
- https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/alpine(dot)DEB(dot)2(dot)22(dot)394(dot)2105301104400(dot)3020016(at)pseudo

Seems like a small patch which can be applied easily.

Add Amcheck option for checking unique constraints in btree indexes (2022-09-28)

- https://commitfest.postgresql.org/40/3464/
- https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CALT9ZEHRn5xAM5boga0qnrCmPV52bScEK2QnQ1HmUZDD301JEg(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com

Seems to be consensus it is actually RfC, but needs a committer to
show interest.

meson PGXS compatibility (2022-10-13)
-------------------------------------

- https://commitfest.postgresql.org/40/3932/
- https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20221005200710(dot)luvw5evhwf6clig6(at)awork3(dot)anarazel(dot)de

Seems to be RfC.

pg_receivewal fail to streams when the partial file to write [...] (2022-10-13)

- https://commitfest.postgresql.org/40/3503/
- https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAHg+QDcVUss6ocOmbLbV5f4YeGLhOCt+1x2yLNfG2H_eDwU8tw(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com

The author of the latest patch (not the original patch author) indicates this
needs further review; should the status be changed? Setting it back to "Needs
review" seems the obvious thing to do, but it feels like it would put it back in
the pool of possibly unreviewe entries (maybe we need a "Needs futher review"

Update relfrozenxmin when truncating temp tables (2022-11-05)

- https://commitfest.postgresql.org/40/3358/
- https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAM-w4HNNBDeXiXrj0B+_-WvP5NZ6of0RLueqFUZfyqbLcbEfMA(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com

I'll set this one to "Waiting on Author" based on Tom's latest feedback.

Faster pglz compression (2021-11-17)

- https://commitfest.postgresql.org/40/2897/
- https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/FEF3DC5E-4BC4-44E1-8DEB-DADC67046FE3(at)yandex-team(dot)ru

This one, prior to my reminder, has a committer promising to commit but was
inactive for over a year.

Regards

Ian Barwick