Re: Commit fest 2022-11

From: Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Simon Riggs <simon(dot)riggs(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commit fest 2022-11
Date: 2022-11-03 09:48:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2022年11月3日(木) 11:33 Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>:

> 2022年11月2日(水) 19:10 Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>:
> >
> > On Tue, 1 Nov 2022 at 06:56, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:
> >
> > > Two people showing up to help is really great, thanks! I'll be around
> > > as well this month, so I'll do my share of patches, as usual.
> >
> > Fwiw I can help as well -- starting next week. I can't do much this week though.
> >
> > I would suggest starting with the cfbot to mark anything that isn't
> > applying cleanly and passing tests (and looking for more than design
> > feedback) as Waiting on Author and reminding the author that it's
> > commitfest time and a good time to bring the patch into a clean state.
>
> Sounds like a plan; I'll make a start on that today/tomorrow as I have
> some time.

Ploughing through the list, initially those where the patches don't apply.

I am wondering what the best thing to do with cases like this is:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/40/3977/

where there were multiple patches in the original post, and some but not all
were applied - so those ones are now failing to apply in the cfbot. Should we
request the author to update the thread with those patches which are
still pending?

Regards

Ian Barwick