Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Subject: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Date: 2015-08-13 15:54:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 10:11 PM, Michael Paquier
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Michael Paquier
>> Feedback is of course welcome, but note that I am not seriously
>> expecting any until we get into 9.6 development cycle and I am adding
>> this patch to the next CF.
> I have moved this patch to CF 2015-09, as I have enough patches to
> take care of for now... Let's focus on Windows support and improvement
> of logging for TAP in the first round. That will be already a good
> step forward.

OK, attached is a new version of this patch, that I have largely
reworked to have more user-friendly routines for the tests. The number
of tests is still limited still it shows what this facility can do:
that's on purpose as it does not make much sense to code a complete
and complicated set of tests as long as the core routines are not
stable, hence let's focus on that first.
I have not done yet tests on Windows, I am expecting some tricks
needed for the archive and recovery commands generated for the tests.