Re: Patch to add support of "IF NOT EXISTS" to others "CREATE" statements

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "[pgdg] Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Patch to add support of "IF NOT EXISTS" to others "CREATE" statements
Date: 2014-04-01 04:14:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 7:28 AM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello
<fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Think about the statements below:
>
> CREATE ROLE test NOLOGIN;
> CREATE OR REPLACE ROLE test;
>
> If we execute the statements above the result should be the role 'test' can
> login. Correct?
Except if I am missing something, the second query means that it is
going to replace the existing user test with a new one, with the
settings specified in the 2nd query, all being default values. As the
default for login is NOLOGIN, the user test should not be able to log
in the server.
--
Michael