Re: Coverage improvements of src/bin/pg_basebackup and pg_receivewal --endpos

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Coverage improvements of src/bin/pg_basebackup and pg_receivewal --endpos
Date: 2017-06-09 06:08:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 9:20 AM, Michael Paquier
> While it is possible to tackle some of those issues independently,
> like pg_basebackup stuff, it seems to me that it would be helpful to
> make the tests more deterministic by having an --endpos option for
> pg_receivewal, similarly to what exists already in pg_recvlogical.
>
> Thoughts?

I have just played with that, and attached is a patch to implement the
so-said option with a basic set of tests, increasing code coverage of
pg_receivewal.c from 15% to 60%. I'll park that in the next CF of
September.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Implement-pg_receivewal-endpos.patch application/octet-stream 8.0 KB