Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Date: 2015-11-28 11:20:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 7:53 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I moved all the initialization code (deleting stuff from environment,
> detecting Windows, opening SimpleTie filedescs etc) into BEGIN blocks,
> which run earlier than any other code.

Ah, OK. Thanks. That makes visibly the whole set of modules more consistent.

> Hmm. I just noticed RewindTest sets $ENV{PGDATABASE} outside BEGIN. Not
> sure what to think of that. Could instead pass the database name in
> $node->getConnStr() calls, like run_pg_rewind() is already doing.

Yes, let's remove that and pass the database name to getConnStr().

> I tried all the t/ tests we have and all of them pass for me. If I'm
> able, I will push this on my Sunday late evening, so that I can fix
> whatever gets red on Monday first thing ...

I have done as well additional tests on Windows and this patch is
showing a green status.

A separate issue, but as long as we are working on this set of tests:
I have noticed that config_default.pl is missing the flag tap_tests in
its list. See the patch attached. Could you apply that as well and
backpatch?

I have as well noticed that RewindTest.pm is missing "1;" on its last
line. When this is loaded this would lead to compilation errors.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
20151128_fix_config_msvc.patch text/x-patch 1.9 KB