Re: SCRAM authentication, take three

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SCRAM authentication, take three
Date: 2017-02-07 02:28:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 9:55 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi> wrote:
> I rebased the SCRAM authentication patches over current master. Here you
> are.

Thanks! Nice to see you around.

> So, if you haven't paid attention on this for a while, now would be a good
> time to have another look at the patch. I believe all the basic
> functionality, documentation, and tests are there, and there are no known
> bugs. Please review! I'll start reading through these myself again tomorrow.

To all: this wiki page is up to date with all the items that remain:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SCRAM_authentication
I am keeping the list there up to date with issues noticed on the way.

> One thing that's missing, that we need to address before the release, is the
> use of SASLPrep to "normalize" the password. We discussed that in the
> to leave that for a follow-up commit, after these other patches have been
> committed, so we can discuss that work separately.

Yes, I am actively working on this one now. I am trying to come up
first with something in the shape of an extension to begin with, and
get a patch out of it. That will be more simple for testing. For now
the work that really remains in the patches attached on this thread is
to get the internal work done, all the UTF8-related routines being
already present in scram-common.c to work on the strings.
--
Michael