Re: Password identifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Valery Popov <v(dot)popov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: Password identifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol
Date: 2016-03-15 15:59:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 3:46 PM, Valery Popov wrote:
> make installcheck-world failed on several contrib modules:
> dblink, file_fdw, hstore, pgcrypto, pgstattuple, postgres_fdw, tablefunc.
> The tests results are attached.
> Documentation looks good.
> Where may be a problem with make check-world and make installcheck-world
> results?

I cannot reproduce this, and my guess is that the binaries of those
contrib/ modules are not up to date for the installed instance of
Postgres you are running the tests on. Particularly I find this
portion doubtful:

SELECT avg(normal_rand)::int FROM normal_rand(100, 250, 0.2);
! server closed the connection unexpectedly
! This probably means the server terminated abnormally
! before or while processing the request.
! connection to server was lost

The set of patches I am proposing here does not go through those code
paths, and this is likely an aggregate failure.
--
Michael