Re: WAL consistency check facility

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh(dot)2007(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: WAL consistency check facility
Date: 2016-11-03 09:18:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 5:56 PM, Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh(dot)2007(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I'm not getting why we should introduce a new redo action and return
> from the function beforehand.

Per my last email, same conclusion from here :)
Sorry if I am picky and noisy on many points, I am trying to think
about the value of each change introduced in this patch, particularly
if they are meaningful, can be improved in some way, or can be
simplified and make the code more simple.
--
Michael