Re: Error bundling script file with extension when event trigger commands are used

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: sanyam jain <sanyamjain22(at)live(dot)in>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error bundling script file with extension when event trigger commands are used
Date: 2017-12-06 07:32:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 3:36 PM, sanyam jain <sanyamjain22(at)live(dot)in> wrote:
> I couldn't understand much from the above thread but like to solve this
> problem.

Not sure that people are much motivated in solving this problem either
as the use-case is very narrow. Based on my memories of the moment
where I looked at this problem, I was thinking that you would need
additional catalog functions able to switch a session-level flag which
disables completely event triggers to happen during the execution of
those commands... So it would mean that such a fix cannot be
back-patched. If you would like to design or implement a patch, of
course feel free! One hacky way to solve this problem would be to
create the event triggers out of the extension creation, meaning that
the object dependencies would need to be tracked by yourself.
--
Michael