Similar to csvlog but not really, json logs?

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Similar to csvlog but not really, json logs?
Date: 2014-08-27 01:45:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

As mentioned here, we support multiple logging format:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/runtime-config-logging.html
Now what about a json format logging with one json object per log entry?

A single json entry would need more space than a csv one as we need to
track the field names with their values. Also, there is always the
argument that if an application needs json-format logs, it could use
csvlog on Postgres-side and do the transformation itself. But wouldn't
it be a win for application or tools if such an option is available
in-core?

Note that I am not planning to work on that in a close future, but it
would be a good TODO item for beginners if it is worth pursuing.

Thoughts?

Regards,
--
Michael