Re: Use of uninitialized variables in ExecFindPartition() for parent partition without leaves (HEAD only)

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: Use of uninitialized variables in ExecFindPartition() for parent partition without leaves (HEAD only)
Date: 2017-12-01 02:48:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 10:17 AM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
> Oops, I messed up taking the diff and mistakenly added noise to the patch.

Which is that bit:
- * BuildSlotPartitionKeyDescription
+ * ExecBuildSlotPartitionKeyDescription

> Fixed in the attached.

For information, it is easy enough to run into rather nasty behaviors
here. Taking for example the test case in the last patch, but without
the actual fix:
-- no partitions, so fail
insert into range_parted values ('a', 11);
! ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size 2139062147
So the test case you are adding is a good thing to have, and I am fine
with the comment.

I have added a CF entry for this thread by the way
(https://commitfest.postgresql.org/16/1392/), and marked the thing as
ready for committer as we agree about the fix. Let's track properly
this issue until it gets committed.
--
Michael