Re: September 2015 Commitfest

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: September 2015 Commitfest
Date: 2015-10-31 05:50:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 12:55 AM, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:

>> So, seeing nothing happening I have done the above, opened 2015-11 CF
>> and closed the current one.
>
> You seemingly moved all entries, even the ones which were
> waiting-on-author for a long while, over? I think we should return items
> on there with lot of prejudice. Otherwise we're never going to get
> anywhere.

I know. We should normally begin the cleanup activity far earlier IMO,
like at the end of the commit fest month to give patch authors a
couple of weeks to rework what they have if they would like to resend
something for the next commit fest. At this stage this seems a little
bit too abrupt to just return with feedback patches without notice,
this gives patch authors no room to submit new patches, assuming that
authors were waiting for the patch to be marked as returned with
feedback to move on to a new approach suggested by the reviewers.
--
Michael