Re: Equivalent of --enable-tap-tests in MSVC scripts

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Equivalent of --enable-tap-tests in MSVC scripts
Date: 2016-03-02 02:19:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 12:40 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
>> As of now the MSVC scripts control if TAP tests are enabled or not
>> using a boolean flag as $config->{tap_tests}. However, this flag is
>> just taken into account in vcregress.pl, with the following issues:
>> 1) config_default.pl does not list tap_tests, so it is unclear to
>> users to enable them. People need to look into vcregress.pl as a start
>> point.
>> 2) GetFakeConfigure() does not translate $config->{tap_tests} into
>> --enable-tap-tests, leading to pg_config not reporting it in
>> CONFIGURE. This is inconsistent with what is done in ./configure.
>>
>> Attached is a patch to address those two issues.
>
> Good work. There seem to be some unrelated whitespace changes. Shouldn't
> this just be two extra lines?

pertidy is telling me the contrary. Is that bad to run it for such a
change? I thought we cared about the format of the perl code, and the
length of the variable name "tap_tests" has an impact on the
indentation of the whole block per the rules in
src/tools/pgindent/perltidyrc. (Actually I made a mistake in previous
patch the portion for asserts should not be indented, not sure why it
was, attached is an updated patch).
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
msvc-fix-tap-flag-v2.patch text/x-patch 3.0 KB