Re: NextXID format change (was Re: exposing pg_controldata and pg_config as functions)

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(dot)berkus(at)pgexperts(dot)com>
Subject: Re: NextXID format change (was Re: exposing pg_controldata and pg_config as functions)
Date: 2016-01-20 03:04:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> Joe Conway wrote:
>
>> The attached includes Bruce's change, plus I found two additional sites
>> that appear to need the same change. The xlog.c change is just a DEBUG
>> message, so not a big deal. I'm less certain if the xlogdesc.c change
>> might create some fallout.
>
> Hm, pg_xlogdump links the rmgrdesc files, so perhaps you might need to
> adjust expected test output for it. Not really sure.

We don't depend on this output format in any tests AFAIK, at least
check-world is not complaining here and pg_xlogdump has no dedicated
tests. There may be some utility in the outside world doing some
manipulation of the string generated for this record, but that's not
worth worrying about anyway.

Patch looks fine, I have not spotted any other places that need a refresh.
--
Michael