Re: collate.linux.utf8 test coverage

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: collate.linux.utf8 test coverage
Date: 2015-04-27 06:39:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 11:36 PM, Michael Paquier
> On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 4:51 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
>> The optional buildfarm module that runs this test was broken by commit
>> dcae5faccab64776376d354decda0017c648bb53
>>
>> Since nobody has responded to my complaint about this, I have disabled it on
>> crake, the only buildfarm machine that has actually been running the test,
>> so we now have no buildfarm coverage for it.
>
> Commit dcae5fac has switched in pg_regress --temp-install to
> --temp-instance, --psqldir to --bindir, and has removed --top-builddir
> and --extra-install. After looking at TestCollateLinuxUTF8.pm, I think
> that you need to use the one-liner attached.

I am giving a shot at this test in dangomushi by doing the following:
- Add TestCollateLinuxUTF8 in the list of modules
- Add 'en_US.utf8' in the list of locales
- Enable tr_TR.utf8, sv_SE.utf8 and de_DE.utf8.
- Patching the module with the patch upthread.
As far as I can see the patch is working, I just missed to install a
couple of locales on this machine, making the test fail for the first
time, but things will hopefully stabilize soon.
Regards,
--
Michael